What you’ll get
Departure : Bangkok, Thailand
Suitable : Family, Friend, Honey moon Couple, All of people
Type : Land tour
Discover the stunning beauty, fascinating cultures and ancient relics of Thailand and Laos. From bustling Bangkok to the cultural capital of Chiang Mai, to the history of the Kanchanburi region and the ancient capital Sukhothai, deepen your understanding of Thailand’s past. Journey overland to beautiful Laos. See Luang Prabang’s glittering temples, the mysterious Plain of Jars and lush, limestone karst scenery in Vang Vieng. A stay in a remote ecolodge is a highlight, where you can immerse yourself in rural Lao life and get to know its warm, friendly people. End in the Lao capital, Vientiane, with its diverse array of monuments and bustling riverside setting.
- A special tour discovering the stunning beauty, fascinating cultures and ancient relics of Thailand and Laos
- Visits to amazing destinations from Bangkok bustling streets to cultural capital of Chiang Mai, to the history of the Kanchanburi region
- Journey of Laos to see Luang Prabang's glittering temples, the mysterious Plain of Jars, limestone karst scenery in Vang Vieng and bustling Vientiane capital
- 23 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 6 Dinners
- A/C transfer
- Bungalow, Hotel, Lodge, Resort
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- Return transfers
- Small group touring
- Local English-speaking guides
- 21 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night homestay accommodation
- Transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Breakfast daily, 4 lunches and 6 dinners
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travelers
- Price Excludes
- VAT, Tip and personal expenses
- Electric trolleys in Luang Prabang
- Others not mentioned in inclussion
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 22 days before arrival: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 15-21 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations and nonrefundable flight/train ticket…
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received/confirmed by Asia Package Travel
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using his own bed
- Day 1-2: Bangkok
On arrival in Bangkok, transfer to your hotel then meet your tour leader and group for welcome drinks. Walk the streets of bustling Bangkok and float along the Chao Phraya River on a charming longtail boat to discover the sparkling Grand Palace and Wat Arun. Enjoy some free time, perhaps indulging in world-class shopping or sampling delicious Thai cuisine.
Accommodation: Furama Silom Hotel
- Day 3-5: River Kawai - Ayuthaya
Leave Bangkok's bustle behind and head to the beautiful River Kwai region. Reflect on the rich and turbulent history of the region, as you head to Hellfire Pass and the Bridge over the River Kwai. Visit an elephant sanctuary that cares for rehabilitated and aging elephants in a peaceful environment. This wonderful experience allows you to learn about these magnificent animals while you prepare their food, feed and bathe them. Drive to your unique homestay in Ayuthaya.
Accommodation: Resotel River Kwai and Royal River Kwai Resort & Spa
- Day 6-7: Sukhothai
Tour more of Ayuthaya's temples and cruise amongst some on a converted rice barge. Head to Sukhothai and partake in cultural activities such as ceramic painting and cotton weaving. Join in a fun cooking class in the evening.
Accommodation: Sukhothai Heritage Hotel
- Day 8-10: Chiang Mai
Explore Sukhothai's historic temples by bicycle, then depart for Chiang Mai. Enjoy a free day exploring this charming city. A visit to community-based project, Mae Klang Luang, provides a fascinating insight into the daily rural life of the villagers. Move on to Doi Suthep temple and admire the stunning views from the hilltop.
Accommodation: Imperial Mae Ping Hotel
- Day 11-13: Chiang Rai - Pakbeng
Travel to a resort in Chiang Rai in the Golden Triangle, your launching point for the crossing to Laos. Over a two day slow boat cruise down the rugged upper Mekong, float past pristine landscapes and stunning scenery. Stay overnight in the old trading outpost of Pakbeng and explore its market, then continue to the comfortable Kamu eco-Lodge.
Absorb Lao culture, with an opportunity to meet the locals and try your hand at traditional activities such as rice planting and fishing.
Accommodation: La Luna hotel & resort, Phetsokxai Hotel and Kamu Lodge
- Day 14-16: Luang Prabang
Continue by boat along the Mekong, stopping at Pak Ou Caves to see the hundreds of Buddha statues inside, then on to beautiful Luang Prabang.
The next morning, embark on a walking tour of the town's fascinating sites, including the Royal Palace and Wat Mai. Sample a local breakfast of noodle soup, and enjoy a game of petanque before sunset mocktails at a riverside temple.
Rise early to witness the breathtaking ancient ritual of local monks collecting alms at dawn, and learn how to make sticky rice and grilled chicken for a picnic at scenic Kuang Si Falls. Have ample free time for exploring beguiling Luang Prabang's quaint laneways, architecture, and boutiques.
Accommodation: Sala Prabang
- Day 17-20: Plain of Jars - Vang Vieng
A drive through the remote mountains of Northern Laos brings you to the Plain of Jars, a mysterious archaeological site steeped in legend. Tour the jar sites, then drive to idyllic Vang Vieng, home to stunning limestone karst scenery. Embark on a gentle kayaking trip and discover a nearby cave, returning as the sun sets over the tranquil Nam Song river
Accommodation: Vansana Plain of Jars and Thavonsouk Bungalow
- Day 21-23: Vientiane
Continue to the rapidly developing capital, Vientiane. Visit Wat Sisaket and Haw Phra Kaew, and partake in a traditional baci ceremony in a local home. Visit the interactive COPE visitor center for a valuable insight into the lasting after-effects of the tragic 'Secret War'. V. Learn about the issue of disability prevalence, with a visit to an inspiring women's support center, before making stops at sparkling That Luang temple, and the grand Patuxai monument.
Enjoy a farewell dinner on your final night, then have some free time in the morning before your departure transfer. End tour.
Meals: B, D
Accommodation: Mandala Boutique Hotel
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 1 reviews
Value for money
09 Jan 2019
This trip was a great way to experience the highlights of Laos in a short period of time, along with some of Thailand's major attractions. There's a lot to see and do along the way, so it becomes a bit of a whirlwind in the best possible way! My main advice is to bring some warm clothes for the slow boat trip to Luang Prabang. They warned us it could get cold, but it got even colder than I expected on the second day, so the warmer, the better. It seems counterintuitive coming from the heat in Thailand, but you won't regret it. You won't regret taking this very memorable trip either!